Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wok with Yan!

I decided to get over my phobia of kitchen appliances and take a stab at some Asian cuisine. The house is still standing, the pets are still fuzzy and adorable and I'm not a hideous freak that must remain hidden from society, I would consider it a success. Click on the pictures for actual working pics, I'll eventually get this figured out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The meal consisted of Japanese clear soup that wound up tasting like hot vinegar with vegetables. congee with Chinese sausage and Kara-age chicken. The chicken had to be deep fried so there was a legitimate risk of me ending up crispy and golden brown.

Photobucket

Now that I'm a seasoned deep frying professional I did what any patriotic Canadian would do on Remembrance day, I deep fried chocolate bars. Win, it was the most delicious pain ever.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now before anyone panics, I had a friend help me finish them off. Four may have required an emergency room visit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Delicious.

No comments: